Hi, I am Viraj Bunnag. Most people call me Andrew.
- I was born in Bangkok, Thailand.
- I grew up in different places such as Hong Kong, Singapore, Bangkok and Paris.
- I speak English, French, and Thai fluently.
- I was given a Konica T3 SLR film camera for Christmas when I was 10.
- When I was 19, I bought my favorite camera from a second hand store, which was a Nikon F2 AS.
- Got my first degree in Interior Architecture ( ESAG ) while studying in Paris.
- Photography classes in college led me to turn my bathroom into a photo darkroom. The first Photoshop was just released but I couldn’t afford to buy a computer.
- Traveled. Worked. Moved to Los Angeles.
- Got another degree in Environmental Design from the Art Center College of Design in Pasadena.
- Married my beautiful wife.
- Worked for Digital Domain doing visual effects (VFX) for films.
- Relocated to Hua Hin, a small coastal town in Thailand.
What's in My Camera Bag
LOWEPRO ProTactic 450 AW
Nikon D3s Nikon D810 with Nikon Battery Grip MB-D12
Leica M-P ( Type 240 )
GoPro HERO 3 Black Edition
AF Nikkor, 50mm, f/1.4D
AF-S Nikkor, 14-24mm, f/2.8G ED
AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor, 105mm, f/2.8G IF-ED
AF-S Nikkor, 70-200mm, f/2.8G ED VR
AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E, 2x Aspherical
Leica 50mm, NOCTILUX, f/0.95
CAMRIG Line mount used to attach GoPro to Kite front lines. Multiple attachements for Bike handlebars, roll bars, chest rig and helmet mounts used for action shots.
Macbook Pro / PC with Apple Cinema Display
2x 2TB Portable drives for storage and file backup